from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of three eastern North American shrubs of the genus Diervilla, having opposite, deciduous leaves and clusters of yellow flowers.
- n. Any of several shrubby honeysuckle plants of the genus Lonicera, especially L. tatarica and L. xylosteum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bush honeysuckle of southeastern United States having large crowded clusters of sulfur-yellow flowers
- n. spreading bush of northeastern United States having small clusters of fragrant green and yellow flowers
- n. a honeysuckle shrub of southern Russia to central Asia
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.