from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A non-serrated table knife with a dull edge and rounded point, designed for spreading butter on a piece of bread without tearing it.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a small knife with a dull blade; for cutting or spreading butter


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.