from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several plants of the genera Centrosema and Clitoria in the pea family, having blue or lavender flowers and flat pods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the American plant Clitoria Mariana, having showy blossoms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. vine of tropical Asia having pinnate leaves and bright blue flowers with yellow centers
- n. large-flowered weakly twining or prostrate vine of New Jersey to tropical eastern North America, sometimes cultivated for its purple and white flowers
- n. large-flowered wild twining vine of southeastern and central United States having pale blue flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.