from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A succulent annual or biennial plant (Senecio glabellus), native to the eastern United States and having pinnately divided leaves and bright yellow, radiate flower heads.
- n. The horseweed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Conyza.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An annual composite plant of the Mississippi valley (Senecio lobatus).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common name of the horseweed, Erigeron Canadense, and of the Senecio lobatus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American ragwort with yellow flowers
- n. any of several yellow-flowered plants of the genus Packera; often placed in genus Senecio
Common herbs include butterweed (Senecio glabellus), jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), and royal fern (Osmunda regalis).
Up close they were head-high in a riot of color: red paintbrush, lavender fleabane, hot-pink fireweed, white cow parsnip, lacy green false hellebore, the flashy red of chokecherries, white pearls of baneberry, rich purple huckleberries, fierce yellows of butterweed and arnica.