from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See rattlesnake master.
- n. See blazing star.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American umbelliferous plant with rigid, narrow leaves, and flowers in dense heads.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. coarse prickly perennial eryngo with aromatic roots; southeastern United States; often confused with rattlesnake master
- n. any of various North American plants of the genus Liatris having racemes or panicles of small discoid flower heads
- n. coarse prickly perennial eryngo of United States thought to cure rattlesnake bite
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.