from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, containing, or derived from butter.
- adj. Relating to or derived from butyric acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of butter
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or derived from butyric acid or any of the isomeric univalent radicals of formula C3H7CO2-
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or derived from, butter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or derived from butter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or producing butyric acid
The Japanese fisheries agency said activists on Thursday obstructed Japanese whaling in the Antarctic by throwing bottles of what it described as butyric acid onto whaling ships, as well as flashing laser lights and using water cannon.
Then there ` s a fifth stage called butyric fermentation.
Sometimes Carlie hands me the squirt bottle of "Bam" (an acronym for something that begins, ominously, with "butyric" - the rest of it has been worn off the label) and lets me do the bathrooms.
For example, the two substances called butyric acid and acetic ether are isomeric bodies.
Also, according to the doctors at Metametrix, plant fiber is THE main source of beneficial SCFAs such as butyric acid.
And of late years a number of other compounds, such as butyric acid, and others, have been added to the list.
Fats break down, into butyric and isovaleric acids; this gives flavour and odour to butter and cheese, and to the fat produced by our sweat glands – hence the odour of cheesy feet.
• To make a cheddar cheese flavor for string cheese, Ms. Wright used oleic acid, reminiscent of animal fat; capric acid, which smells like candle wax; indole, found in orange-flower scent; methional, a potato-like smell; and a hint of butyric acid, which "smells of vomit."
It has a good ratio of omega 3 fats, as well as butyric acid and CLA which have both been shown to help prevent cancer.
Benzodiazepines are believed to potentiate gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) neuronal inhibition.