from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A long narrow rowboat used in the Middle East.
- noun A small sailing vessel used in the eastern Mediterranean.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A South American parrot of the genus Caica or Deroptyus (which see).
- noun A long narrow boat used on the Bosporus. It is pointed at each end, and is usually propelled by oars, from 2 to 16 in number.
- noun A Levantine vessel of larger size.
- noun Also spelled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Naut.) A light skiff or rowboat used on the Bosporus; also, a Levantine vessel of larger size.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, from Italian caicco, from Ottoman Turkish qayïq, from Old Turkic qayghuq, from qaymaq, to slide.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.