from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several palms, such as the assai, with edible terminal buds.
- n. See cabbage palmetto.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common name for several different types of palms and palm-like plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as cabbage-tree
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. low-growing fan-leaved palm of coastal southern United States having edible leaf buds
- n. Brazilian palm of genus Euterpe whose leaf buds are eaten like cabbage when young
- n. Australian palm with leaf buds that are edible when young
- n. West Indian palm with leaf buds that are edible when young
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.