from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Articulated with the tip of the tongue turned back and up toward the roof of the mouth; retroflex.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to a top or summit.
- In anatomy, relating to the cacumen or upper surface of the vermis of the brain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Philol.) Pertaining to the top of the palate; cerebral; -- applied to certain consonants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Pertaining to a
point, top, or crown.
- adjective linguistics, phonology Pronounced using a
- noun linguistics, phonology A sound pronounced using a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective pronounced with the tip of the tongue turned back toward the hard palate
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The folium vermis (folium cacuminis; cacuminal lobe) is a short, narrow, concealed band at the posterior extremity of the vermis, consisting apparently of a single folium, but in reality marked on its upper and under surfaces by secondary fissures.