from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of callboy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A waiting boy who answers a cal, or cames at the ringing of a bell; a bell boy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A boy whose duty it is to call actors upon the stage at the proper moment.
- n. A boy who repeats the orders of the captain of a steamboat to the engineer.
- n. A boy who answers a call-bell.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.