from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
specify, especially in detail.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To order into service; to
- verb intransitive, transitive To
yellout; to vocalize audibly; announce.
- verb transitive, idiomatic, colloquial To
challenge, to denounce.
- noun UK An
incidenceof someone being summonedfor some purpose.
- noun US A
meetingor rallyheld in order to find interested participants, eg. for an activity or sports team.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb challenge to a duel
- verb call out loudly, as of names or numbers
- verb utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From call + out.
Sorry, no example sentences found.