from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To treat or impregnate with camphor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any salt of camphoric acid.
- v. To treat or impregnate with camphor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To impregnate or treat with camphor.
- n. A salt of camphoric acid.
- Combined or impregnated with camphor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To treat or impregnate with camphor: as, “a camphorated draught,”
- Pertaining to camphor or impregnated with it: as, “camphorate liquors,”
- n. [= NL. camphoratum, neut.] In chem., a compound of camphoric acid with different bases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat with camphor
Compare French camphorate. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.