from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • adj. Having one or more longitudinal grooves or channels.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. Channeled lengthwise; grooved.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. Having a channel or groove, as in the leafstalks of most palms.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • Channeled; furrowed; grooved.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • adj. having thin parallel channels


Latin canāliculātus, from canāliculus, diminutive of canālis, channel; see canal.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin canaliculatus ("channelled"). (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.