from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sucrose obtained from sugar cane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sugar obtained from the sugarcane plant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. sugar made from the sugar cane; sucrose, or an isomeric sugar. See Sucrose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sugar obtained from the sugar-cane, as distinguished from beet-root sugar, grape-sugar, starch-sugar, etc. See sugar.
- n. A general name for saccharose, C12H22O11, whether derived from cane, sorghum, sugar-beet, or maple, to distinguish it from the glucoses, milk-sugar, maltose, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sucrose obtained from sugar cane
- n. sugar from sugarcane used as sweetening agent
Sorry, no etymologies found.