from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A resinous material extracted from cannabis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A poisonous resin extracted from hemp (Cannabis sativa, variety Indica), responsible for the narcotic effects of hashish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A poisonous resin extracted from hemp (Cannabis sativa, variety Indica). The euphoric and narcotic effects of hasheesh are due to this resin; the active ingredient is tetrahydrocannabinol, THC. See Cannabis Indica, below.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A resin obtained from the plant Cannabis Indica. It is probably the active principle of the drug hashish.
- n. A brown liquid alkaloid said to be isolated from Indian hemp. Cannabis Indica. It is hypnotic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a resin obtained from the hemp plant; thought to be the active narcotic agent in marijuana
cannab(is) + -in.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)