from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To render fit or make qualified; enable.
- transitive v. Biology To cause (spermatozoa) to undergo the physical changes needed to penetrate and fertilize an egg.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make capable.
- v. To alter sperm to allow to fertilize eggs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render capable; to enable; to qualify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make capable; enable.
- Specifically— To furnish with legal powers; qualify: as, to capacitate one for an office.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make legally capable or qualify in law
- v. cause (spermatozoa) to undergo the physical changes necessary to fertilize an egg
- v. make capable
He said he should "capacitate" these units if there is to be any significant breakthrough in the fight against crime.
ECS as good as a Episcopal Diocese of Long Island put over $200K in to renovating a space to capacitate AFC to offer protected as good as cool preserve during a site.
If the ones who opted to capacitate SSH changed their default password, they were defence to attack.
Governments contingency have a correct infrastructure as good as aptitude to capacitate successful media preparation preparation initiatives.
Depending upon a turn we will be required to sense learners in an array of activities which will capacitate
This committee must partner with the relevant Government Departments and NGO's to speed up the implementation of its programmes and capacitate the targeted sections of our population.
We must deploy necessary resources to capacitate and ensure smooth functioning of these community safety forums.
We must as a consequence capacitate our police to deal with these challenges and probable review the timeline for handover, which is due next year.
Polokwane resolved to accelerate the revamp of the criminal justice system with a view to further capacitate it to be able to respond to the challenge of crime.
If by the end of this month ~ a few days ~ Iran does not capacitate to the demands by six neo-con 'world powers' demands (to end their maybe non-existent nuclear weapons program and legal uranium enrichment program) then a formal act-of-war under international law will be initiated.