from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A car wired with explosives that are then detonated, as by remote control, so as to kill persons or destroy property nearby.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An automobile laden with a large amount of explosives, and used as a bomb primarily in order to cause external damage.
- n. An explosive device installed in an automobile with the primary purpose to kill the occupants of the car.
- n. Flatulence in an enclosed automobile.
- n. An alcoholic beverage made by dropping a shot of liquor into a glass of beer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bomb placed in a car and wired to explode when the ignition is started or by remote control or by a timing device
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She was referring to the massive car bomb that had blown up a day earlier a couple of hundred yards from the U.S. embassy, killing two American soldiers, one of them a fifty-two-year-old female reservist, and more than a dozen Afghan bystanders.
Days after Faisal Shahzad, a Pakistani-born U.S. citizen and resident of Connecticut, tried to blow up a car bomb in Times Square, Sen. Joe Lieberman seized on renewed fears of a terrorist attack to announce his latest legislative gambit: the "Terrorism Expatriation Act" -- or "TEA" -- which would revoke the citizenship of any American "who is found to be involved with a foreign terrorist organization as designated by the State Department."