from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the caraboid larva.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like, or pertaining to the genus Carabus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the genus Carabus; resembling a carabus.
- Of or pertaining to the second larval stage of insects which undergo hypermetamorphosis, as the blister-beetles, Meloidæ. The caraboid stage succeeds the triunguline and precedes the scarabæoid stage. Also carabidoid.
- n. A member of the genus Carabus, or of the family Carabidæ; a carabus.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.