from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An alcohol derived from methanol.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Methyl alcohol, CH3OH. The name is used almost exclusively in designating derivatives of methyl alcohol: as, triphenyl carbinol, (C6H5)3COH.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Chem.) Methyl alcohol, CH3OH; -- also, by extension, any one in the homologous series of paraffine alcohols of which methyl alcohol is the type.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete, organic chemistry, uncountable The compound
- noun obsolete, organic chemistry, countable Any substituted methanol.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
•Indole 3 carbinol -- A nutritional compound found in cruciferous vegetables broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, eggplant that helps hormone regulation.
Thank you. cosmeceuticals vitamin k zim natures life vitamin c powder probiotic murad vitamin c treatment casserole toni watchers friends indole 3 carbinol edible seduced by evil aptamil acidophilus trans am t shirt
Trimethyl carbinol or tertiary butyl alcohol, (CH_3) _3·COH, is the simplest tertiary alcohol, and was obtained by A. Butlerow in 1864 by acting with zinc methyl on acetyl chloride (see A.COHOLS).
It is a liquid, smelling like fusel oil and boiling at 108. 4° C. Methyl ethyl carbinol, C._3·C.2H_5·C.OH, is the secondary alcohol derived from n-butane.
Also, Celanese of Dallas is raising price by 3â¢/lb for paraformaldehyde, 5â¢/lb for acetic acid, ethyl acetate, vinyl acetate monomer, methyl isobutyl carbinol and methyl isobutyl ketone and 8â¢/lb for acetic anhydride.
This was probably due to the toxic effect of the compound since in vitro growth of C. albicans in the wells was absent, and in vivo activity of the compound within the worms did not permit formation of Dose-response of infected worms to malachite green carbinol base indicating toxicity beyond the EC doi: 10.1371/journal. pone.0007025.g005
â¢Indole 3 carbinol -- A nutritional compound found in cruciferous vegetables broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, eggplant that helps hormone regulation.