from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knife kept in a sheath or case.
- n. A table knife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knife carried in a sheath or case.
- n. A large table knife of a kind formerly kept in a case.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A knife carried in a sheath or case.
- A large table knife; -- so called from being formerly kept in a case.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A knife carried in a case or sheath.
- n. An old name for a table-knife, still sometimes used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a knife with a fixed blade that is carried in a sheath
- n. a metal blade with a handle; used as cutlery
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.