from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shot-packed metallic cylinder used as ammunition in a firearm; a canister.
- n. The shot in such a cylinder.
- n. A shrapnel shell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collection of small projectiles enclosed in a case or canister.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A collection of small projectiles, inclosed in a case or canister.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A collection of small projectiles, such as musket-balls, grapeshot, etc., put in cases, to be discharged from cannon. Also called canister-shot.
- n. In a more modern sense, a shrapnel-shell, that is, a spherical iron case inclosing powder and a number of bullets and exploded by a fuse. Also called case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metallic cylinder packed with shot and used as ammunition in a firearm
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.