from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the form of a chain of linked parts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of little links or chains.
- adj. Chainlike; -- said both or color marks and of indentations when arranged like the links of a chain, as on shells, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of little links or chains.
- In botany, formed of parts united end to end, like the links of a chain.
- In zoology, same as catenate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a chainlike form
- v. arrange in a series of rings or chains, as for spores
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.