from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The middle third of the outfield, behind second base.
- noun The position played by the center fielder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball The part of a baseball field which is beyond the
infieldand straight ahead left if you stand on home plateand face the pitcher.
- noun baseball The defensive position in the
outfieldin the middle, typically played by a player that can run fast.
- noun idiomatic A central role in some activity that requires speed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.