from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball The middle third of the outfield, behind second base.
- n. Baseball The position played by the center fielder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a baseball field which is beyond the infield and straight ahead left if you stand on home plate and face the pitcher.
- n. The defensive position in the outfield in the middle, typically played by a player that can run fast.
- n. A central role in some activity that requires speed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.