from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. divided into hundreds
- v. To divide into hundreds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or divided into, centuries or hundreds.
- transitive v. To divide into hundreds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divide into centuries or hundreds.
- Divided into or consisting of centuries or hundreds: as, centuriate assemblies.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
As the maniple whose tribune is now promoted to centuriate staff is under-represented, a pro tempore candidate is selected to be the manipular sub-tribune.
The Romans were so curious that, though their consuls were elected in the centuriate assemblies, they might not touch the militia, except they were confirmed in the parochial assemblies; for a magistrate not receiving his power from the people, takes it from them, and to take away their power is to take away their liberty.