from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. beeswax
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A waxy substance extracted by alcohol or ether from cork; sometimes applied also to the portion of beeswax which is soluble in alcohol.
- n. A variety of the mineral allanite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name given to that portion of beeswax (from 70 to 80 per cent. of the whole) which is soluble in alcohol.
- n. A waxy substance extracted from grated cork by digestion in alcohol.
- n. An ore of cerium, a variety of the mineral allanite.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But ft cerin ground, he charg'd his pilot ftand More clofe u more, and iltim along the fand,