from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A chain pulley, or sprocket wheel.
- An inversion of the chain pump, by which it becomes a motor driven by water.
- n. See in the Vocabulary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wheel having sprockets or teeth which catch the links of a chain, used for transmitting power.
- n. An inversion of the chain-pump, by which it is converted into a recipient of water-power.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.