from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gliding movement in dance (especially ballet) with the same foot always leading.
- v. To perform this step.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A movement in dancing, as across or to the right or left.
- intransitive v. To make the movement called chassé.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In dancing, to execute a step or gliding motion (known as the chassé) in which one foot is kept in advance of the other.
- To move or make one's way with gliding steps, as across a crowded room: as, before long he chasséd up to me.
- To cause to chassé toward the door; dismiss.
- n. In dancing, a step or gliding motion in which one foot is kept in advance of the other.
French chasser, to chase (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.