from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A riblike marking on wood or metal, caused by vibration of a cutting tool.
- noun Geology One of a series of short scars made by glacial drift on a surface of bedrock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Mach.) One of the fine undulations or ripples which are formed on the surface of work by a cutting tool which chatters.
- (Geol.) A short crack on a rock surface planed smooth by a glacier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun marks on a glaciated rock caused by the movement of a glacier
- noun a mark made by a chattering tool on the surface of a workpiece
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.