from The Century Dictionary.

  • Same as chelydoid.
  • noun A raised fibrous tumor (fibroma) of the skin, with spurred contours, apt to return in its site if cut out, but not dangerous. Also called Alibert's cheloid, Alibert's cheloma, chelis, and formerly sometimes cancroid.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury; results from excessive tissue repair


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.