from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person or machine that picks cherries.
- noun A maneuverable vertical boom with an open bucket or cage at the end from which a worker can perform aerial work such as pruning trees or repairing electrical lines.
- noun A vehicle equipped with such a boom.
- noun A person who cherry-picks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A piece of equipment consisting of a large basket at the end of an
extensible boom, often mounted on a truckbody, and used by workers to reach inaccessible places such as power linesand tall trees.
- noun A person or group that picks the best for themselves.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.