from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long mirror mounted on swivels in a frame.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long mirror, mounted on a swivel in a frame, allowing it to be tilted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a mirror swinging in a frame, and large enough to reflect the full length figure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A looking-glass mounted so as to swing in a frame, which may move on wheels or rollers, and large enough to reflect the whole figure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a full length mirror mounted in a frame in which it can be tilted
From French cheval, support, horse; see chevalet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.