from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various hawks that prey on or have the reputation of preying on chickens.
- noun Informal A person, especially a public figure, who favors military force or action to carry out a foreign policy but has never served in the military.
- noun Vulgar Slang A man who seeks out boys or young men as his sexual partners.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun archaic, zoology Any of the North American
hawkspecies ( Cooper's hawk, sharp-shinned hawkand red-tailed hawk), or counterparts elsewhere, mistakenly believed to be pests.
- noun UK, US, gay slang An
adultmale preferring younger male sexual partners.
- noun pejorative, politics, slang An advocate of
waror military action who is avoiding personal military service, or avoided it in the past.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun nontechnical term for any hawks said to prey on poultry
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
chicken (in the Old English sense of cycen: young fowl, its aledged primary prey) + hawk
Sorry, no example sentences found.