from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short lofted golf stroke, used in approaching the green.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An approach shot made from a location a short distance from the golf green in which the ball is launched into the air with only low or moderate force, so that it will land on the green and roll toward the hole.
- n. A relatively easy field goal, made from a short distance.
- n. A shot in which the ball is kicked from underneath with accuracy but with less than maximum force, to launch it high into the air in order either to pass it over the heads of opponents or to score a goal.
- n. A takeout shot aimed at hitting a rock at an angle.
- n. The achievement of a goal or the striking of a target with a ball or other projectile in relatively nonchallenging or routine circumstances, by throwing (as in basketball) or by discharging a firearm (as in hunting).
- n. Something that is easy to do or to achieve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (golf) a low running approach shot
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.