from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The art of writing in letters of gold, practised by the writers of manuscripts in the early middle ages.
- noun The writing itself thus executed.
- noun In Greek antiquity, the art of embroidering in gold, of inlaying other metals with gold, and the like.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The art of writing in letters of gold.
- noun A writing executed in letters of gold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The use of
gold letteringin manuscripts
Sorry, no etymologies found.