from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The use of gold lettering in manuscripts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of writing in letters of gold.
- n. A writing executed in letters of gold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of writing in letters of gold, practised by the writers of manuscripts in the early middle ages.
- n. The writing itself thus executed.
- n. In Greek antiquity, the art of embroidering in gold, of inlaying other metals with gold, and the like.
Sorry, no etymologies found.