from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In alchemy, the act of adding to the matter in preparation fresh substances, to supply the waste of evaporation, etc.: the seventh process in alchemy.
- noun In physiology, the act of taking food, particularly the more solid kinds.
- noun Any chemical operation that gives a substance consistency and solidity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of taking food.
- noun (Alchemy) The process or operation of feeding the contents of the crucible with fresh material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete The act of taking
- noun obsolete, alchemy The operation of
feedingthe contents of the cruciblewith fresh material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin cibatio, from cibare to feed.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.