from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An act of turning, coiling, or folding about a center, core, or axis.
- noun A single turn, coil, or fold; a convolution.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of rolling around.
- noun The state of being rolled around or wound into a roll.
- noun One of the windings of a thing wound or twisted; a convolution.
- noun Figuratively, a winding; a roundabout method of procedure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of rolling round; the state of being rolled.
- noun A thing rolled round another.
- noun A roundabout procedure; a circumlocution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
revolution, rotationor gyrationaround an axis
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of turning or winding or folding around a central axis
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Middle English circumvolucioun, from Medieval Latin circumvolūtiō, circumvolūtiōn-, from Latin circumvolūtus, past participle of circumvolvere, to roll around; see circumvolve.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.