from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To make classic or classical.
- intransitive verb To conform to classic style.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To render classic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb to make classic or classical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To make
- verb To conform to the classic style.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb make classic or classical
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
classic + -ize
It was enough for him to classicize the realistic incident.