from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun See claire-cole.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun A priming of size mixed with whiting or white lead, used in house painting, etc.; also, a size upon which gold leaf is applied in gilding.
  • transitive verb To coat or paint with clearcole.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A primer (for paint) containing white lead
  • noun A coating to which gold leaf is applied


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.