from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electric circuit providing an uninterrupted, endless path for the flow of current.
- n. A television transmission circuit with a limited number of reception stations and no broadcast facilities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A complete electric circuit around which current can flow.
- n. A network of one or more television cameras and television receivers connected together with no provision for broadcasting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The gas-suit was tight and constricting, the closed circuit breathing apparatus cut into the back of my neck and the high concentration of oxygen made my mouth dry.