from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building occupied by a club.
- n. The main building of a country club.
- n. Sports The locker room of an athletic team.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any building used by a club for meetings or social activities.
- n. A locker room and possibly associated rooms used by an athletic team,
- n. A building at a golf course that houses various activities associated with golf.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house occupied by a club.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A house occupied by a club, or in which a club assembles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building that is occupied by a social club
I am officially sick to death of the term "clubhouse cancer".
"Baseball's been my safe haven and the clubhouse is the physical sanctuary," Braden said.
The biggest building at the country club—which they called the clubhouse—was all lit up when we got there, and a few cars were rolling around the circular drive for the dressed-up people coming and going.
Despite being his own tough act to follow, the reigning AL MVP and undisputed leader in the clubhouse is among the league leaders in batting average, slugging percentage, home runs and RBI.
County Stadium: It's colder than Candlestick (his home park) and the clubhouse is a joke, '' he said after his first visit.
The clubhouse is where the Federal Reserve System was created.
The clubhouse is situated at the heart of the expansive golf course with breathtaking panoramic views of Kamloops Lake and surrounding mountains.
No. 2, 428 yards, par 4 (Mak Siccar): The motto of the second hole, which turns back toward the clubhouse, is "make sure."
* I hadn't spent a considerable amount of time around this team since the summer of 2007, when a certain surly left fielder was taking aim at the all-time home run record, and let's suffice it to say the clubhouse is very different now.
Also counting your blessings that at least this isn't Fenway Park, where the visitors clubhouse is a slightly larger than a walk-in closet.