from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Coal in rounded lumps of various sizes. Also called cobbles1.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. coal in rounded lumps from the size of an egg to that of a football; -- called also cobbles.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A large round piece of coal.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.