from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chisel made of hardened tempered steel and used for cutting cold metal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a narrow chisel, made of hardened, tempered steel, used for cutting stone etc
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a chisel of peculiar strength and hardness, for cutting cold metal.
- n. See under Cold, a.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chisel with a cutting edge formed of steel properly strengthened by tempering, for cutting metal which has not been softened by heating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. narrow chisel made of steel; used to cut stone or bricks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.