from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In printing, a strip of brass, type-high, used for the separation of columns. It is beveled to a thin edge in the middle of its upper surface, and its impression forms a vertical line.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • To add a vertical separator between columns, we can use the column-rule property, which functions pretty much as a border property: div {column-rule: 1px solid #00000;

    How Now Brownpau


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.