from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of using a comb.
- noun The process of carding wool. See
card, transitive verb, and carding-machine.
- noun The process of hackling flax.
- noun Graining on wood.
- noun That which is removed by combing or carding: generally in the plural: as, the combings of wool or hair.
- noun Hair combed over a bald part of the head.
- noun Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or process of using a comb or a number of combs.
- noun That which is caught or collected with a comb, as loose, tangled hair.
- noun Hair arranged to be worn on the head.
- noun (Naut.) See
- noun (Textile Manuf.) a machine for combing wool, flax, cotton, etc., and separating the longer and more valuable fiber from the shorter. See also Carding machine, under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of drawing a comb through hair
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.