from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the vein of a leaf, intersecting at a wide angle.
- adj. Of or pertaining to crossroads.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In Roman antiquity, belonging to the cross-ways. The lares compitales were domestic deities whose shrines stood on the street-corners.
- In botany: Intersecting and crossing at various angles: said of the veins of leaves.
- Situated at the point of junction of two veins; said of the sori of ferns.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.