from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being part of the same province.
- n. One who comes from the same province.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or associated in, the same province.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or contained in the same province; provincially connected or related.
- n. One belonging to the same province or archiepiscopal jurisdiction.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Pope St. Cornelius (251) that the comprovincial bishops, the clergy, and the people all took part in it: "He was made bishop by the decree of God and of His Church, by the testimony of nearly all the clergy, by the college of aged bishops [sacerdotum], and of good men" (Ep. Iv ad Anton., n.
"[The custom] that a bishop should not be ordained by one bishop, but by all the comprovincial bishops, is known to have been instituted on account of heresies, and in order that the tyrannical authority of one person should not attempt anything contrary to the faith of the