from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a concubine
- n. The state of being a concubine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to concubinage; living in concubinage.
- n. One who lives in concubinage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to concubinage; living in concubinage.
- n. One who indulges in concubinage.
But foremost of these all -- slavery, and domestication of concubinary slaves, the concomitant evils of war -- were abolished by him, ordering at the same time that prisoners of war should be either liberated gratis or ransomed.
Gambacurta (1394), exiled by the Florentines from his archbishopric of Pisa; Giovanni Benedetti, O.P. (1418), who reformed many convents of his order and concubinary priests; Ludovico Barbo (1437), Abbot of