from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To injure by concussion: "a middle-aged woman concussed by a blow on the head” ( Manchester Guardian Weekly).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To injure the brain of, usually temporarily, by violent impact.
- v. To force to do something, or give up something, by intimidation; to coerce.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To shake or agitate.
- transitive v. To force (a person) to do something, or give up something, by intimidation; to coerce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shake or agitate.
- To force by threats to do something, especially to surrender or dispose of something of value; intimidate into a course of action; coerce: as, he was concussed into signing the document.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. shake violently
- v. injure the brain; sustain a concussion
Now they are being portrayed as evil, soulless dudes who don't care if they concuss themselves or give concussions to others.
Automatic weapons fire sizzles over my head; mortars concuss in the water.
Firearms have approximately zero range underwater, so are even less dangerous, although they may concuss the shooter.
Or would we rather have a world where no foolish grade schooler can ever concuss herself on a steep snowfield?
That they must gas, beat, concuss those damn peace-activists.
Lieberman said, "Boy, I'm glad I never have to run any kind of political campaign against this administration, what with their bullock-sized testicles always threatening to concuss opposition."
Ok, I'll go cool off my scalded tongue from all that midnight Lipton dosage and try to concuss.
And let the record reflect, I was not out to concuss any baby birds.
Not only have I witnessed cats knock over cookie jars and vases heavy enough to concuss, I was the victim of a murder attempt by a four-month-old kitten.
The echo of the gun blast seemed to concuss the entire room.