from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cow's milk with sugar added, reduced by evaporation to a thick consistency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Milk that has been reduced and sweetened to the consistency of syrup.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. milk reduced to the consistence of very thick cream by evaporation (usually with addition of sugar) for preservation and transportation.
- n. See under Condense, v. t.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sweetened evaporated milk
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It is a way we have of making up our minds to do things; and a very good way it is when one has no temperamental tears to shed over the last tin-of condensed milk when it has capsized.
Because en route to swipe Buff Rice’s National Geographics he found Biff’s baby brother out of his crib, chewing on an electrical cord — and he put him back, fed him condensed milk and maybe saved his life, pretending it was his kid brother and he was saving him from Des and the Reverend.