from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An asexually produced fungal spore, formed on a conidiophore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fungal spore produced asexually in a conidiophore.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A peculiar kind of reproductive cell found in certain fungi, and often containing zoöspores.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In fungi, a propagative body which is asexual in its origin and functions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an asexually produced fungal spore formed on a conidiophore
No. 3 exhibits the various stages of germination of one of the conidia of = Phytophthora infestans =: (= a =) the ripe conidium in water; (= b =) protoplasmic contents breaking up into blocks, which separate and escape
"On none of the five nights did a single conidium alight on the slides.